Classes and Curriculum
We align our curriculum to the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards
Three Year Old Class:
Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Class size limited to 16 children with a teacher and a teacher assistant*
A socialization program encouraging development of age appropriate skills, with exposure to early academic skills.
Four Year Old AM Class:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Class size is limited to 18 children with a teacher and a teacher assistant*
Pre-Kindergarten (5 year old) Class:
Monday through Thursday 12:30 to 3:00 p.m.
A Kindergarten readiness program designed for the child who needs an extra year of development prior to Kindergarten.
Class is limited to 20 children with a teacher and a teacher assistant (Children should turn 5 by December 31)*
* The number of classes available will be determined by demand. Not all classes may be available. After the listed number of students, additional staff will be added to maintain state mandated student to teacher ratios.
Our Curriculum is based on the PA Early Learning Standards and includes developmentally appropriate lessons in the following domains:
- Approaches to Learning through Play – Constructing, Organizing, and Applying Knowledge
- Language and Literacy Development – English Language Arts
- Mathematical Thinking and Expression – Exploring, Processing, and Problem-Solving
- Scientific Thinking and Technology – Exploring, Scientific Inquiry, and Discovery
- Social Studies Thinking – Connecting to Communities
- Creative Thinking and Expression – Communicating through the Arts
- Health, Wellness, and Physical Development – Learning About My Body
- Social and Emotional Development – Student Interpersonal Skills
- Partnerships for Learning – Families, Early Care and Education Programs, and Communities
The preschool year shall be approximately 9 months from mid-September through May. Vacation days will be determined on a yearly basis. Notice of ‘No School’ due to inclement weather will be announced on local TV and radio stations.